Welcome to another in the series by Nick Locke, of Nicab Ltd, who has more than 20 years experience in the electronics manufacturing industry specialising in interconnection cable assembly. This post considers IP20 modular plugs From Bel Stewart.
If you are looking for a robust RJ45 connector that is going to withstand the demands of modern, IT environment where moisture may be present then look no further.
The IP20 Modular Plugs are designed to be terminated to shielded or unshielded cable with solid or stranded conductors. The double clamping strain relief delivers the most robust connector to cable connection available to support the conditions found in industrial environments.
One of the most interesting features is the wire range accepting up to a massive 22 AWG! For anyone using industrial Ethernet but looking for a cost-effective connector then these are right up your street!
- Accommodates cable diameters from .230″-.330″ (5.84 mm-7.62 mm)
- Accommodates conductor diameters .033″-.062″ (.838 mm-1.575 mm)
- Supports Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T) and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GBase-T)
- Performance levels from CAT5E through CAT6A
- Packaging available for both field installation and factory terminations
- Contact designed for use on solid or stranded conductor cable
These connectors are very robust yet won’t break the bank, and because of the many features such as the ability to work with both solid and stranded conductors, it saves the hassle of having lots of different connectors as this one connector does it all!